➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

They also break if you cook them in the oven, although it's a slower process so it just ends up with broken shells. No explosion :oops:
Do tell...how long/temp does one cook an egg in the oven?
We're you trying to use the oven as an incubator?

That reminds me, I’ve been wondering if quail eggs take as long to boil.
I don't time anything...I just eyeball/guess when they are done.
I can tell you I will never make quail deviled eggs again.

U thought it would be cute to bring a plate of them to our Christmas party.
After peeling about 50 I was ready to quit.

Do tell...how long/temp does one cook an egg in the oven?
It varies, I'm usually just trying to cook enough to give to doggos or feed back to the birds. I only do it when I've got an overwhelming excess of eggs and noone else wants any. I think the pin i found on pinterest said 15min at 350.

Were you trying to use the oven as an incubator?
Hahaha! No, though that's not a terrible idea...:gig

ETA: fix quotes

It varies, I'm usually just trying to cook enough to give to doggos or feed back to the birds. I only do it when I've got an overwhelming excess of eggs and noone else wants any. I think the pin i found on pinterest said 15min at 350.

Hahaha! No, though that's not a terrible idea...:gig

ETA: fix quotes
I don't think ovens will get low enough. I think mine starts at 115* for proofing bread or warming.

The irony.. is I was too lazy to boil a pot of water.. ummmm.. pretty sure it took longer to clean the microwave :he:he:he

I do not cook in the microwave. It is for reheating, warming or melting things. I was never a fan of the microwave except for reheating leftovers at 2 am when I go home from work and everybody else in the house was sound asleep. I would also be the coffee maker fairy cause they always forgot to set it up before bed and i would eat, clean up and set up the coffee for them then go to bed.

Back
Top Bottom