āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Guess who is this close to officially joining this thread?

@honanbm
If I do start this whole quail business, it will just ensure less time on this site as I will have to deal with tiny little cannibals running around trying to scalp each other.

I do have a rat proofed 8x16 unused coop/barn thing I could jam full if I wanted to. That's in addition to the 4x8 garden pen, and the 4x8 rabbit hutch.

Boy are they smart but I moved the quail in the chicken pen and the chickens and pheasants in the quail pen

Too smart for their own good! Lol

Border collies too.

Speaking of, I saw an ad once for border collie/poodle puppies and I think it was probably a scam but I remember thinking itā€™d be a horrible cross lol completely different breed purposes/traits, of course, but also I just thought of this..... do you know how insanely smart that dog would be!? Thatā€™d be dangerous. :lau

And nice!!! How come?

If I do start this whole quail business, it will just ensure less time on this site as I will have to deal with tiny little cannibals running around trying to scalp each other.

I do have a rat proofed 8x16 unused coop/barn thing I could jam full if I wanted to. That's in addition to the 4x8 garden pen, and the 4x8 rabbit hutch.

OMG why arenā€™t you using those spaces!? If I had that many spaces I would have them filled with chickens and/or goats or turkeys or something!!! Iā€™d have so many chickens. :lau

OMG why arenā€™t you using those spaces!? If I had that many spaces I would have them filled with chickens and/or goats or turkeys or something!!! Iā€™d have so many chickens. :lau
I had goats in there. I couldn't stand them, so I got rid of them. Then I cleaned it out, and rat proofed it to eventually use for birds.
As of right now, I have 16 standard ducks, 8 call ducks, 2 geese, and 16 chickens. I also have two unused actual chicken coops. One I'm giving away, and the other is wired for electricity, and is my brooder coop. I like to have extra space for critters in case I need it. Always good to have at least one open coop/pen in case of an emergency.

:barnie Those shells suck.
That seems to be most of the button eggs. Coturnix seem to have some every now and then, but the buttons are the opposite and you get one you can see into every now and then!

1579486271001.gif

I had goats in there. I couldn't stand them, so I got rid of them. Then I cleaned it out, and rat proofed it to eventually use for birds.
As of right now, I have 16 standard ducks, 8 call ducks, 2 geese, and 16 chickens. I also have two unused actual chicken coops. One I'm giving away, and the other is wired for electricity, and is my brooder coop. I like to have extra space for critters in case I need it. Always good to have at least one open coop/pen in case of an emergency.

Ah okay. That actually makes a lot of sense. And probably good not just filling up every available coop. :lau :oops: but still... you have essentially 5 unused coops/shelters/buildings!? :eek: I canā€™t imagine even having that many let alone not using them. :lau :oops:

You have amazing self control. :lau

Back
Top Bottom