➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

This guy is huge!!!! I'm done hatching kids for a while thank goodness, it's too freaking cold to be birthing!!! I'm hoping she was done @ just one:fl. She's got some explaining to Elvis (my buck) on why this kid doesn't look like him at all, except he did get the blue eyes.
20200121_182238.jpg

Here's Elvis!
00f0f_7n3HwBZjKbn_1200x900.jpg

@Cedar Creek Farm Lady Don't be calling Nifty over here.
You are going to get us in trouble.
:oops:
I came home to this. This is a really slow hatch. I'm not seeing any signs of life in the incubator now. The third one to hatch is the cutest little tuxedo ever!
View attachment 2008181
They're so cute! I'm thinking I want a pair.
I got Pansty Fee coming in the mail now.
I am not making the mistake Muddy just did.
I refuse to even go look today.
I have to go on a quail timeout after these hatch. I have people wanting chickens, big'uns & cochin bantams. So my bators will be occupied through spring.
No. I try to leave the eggs alone once they're in lockdown. These eggs are also so tiny that I'm not sure I'd hear anything if I tried. There are several eggs with pips, but a whole lot that don't appear to have anything going on.
The guy who gave them to me did mention that some might be as much as a week and a half old, and a lot of them were stored pointy side up, so it might just be a bad batch. I have four little buttons. I'm okay if I don't get any more or just get a few more.
The price was right anyways, you're really just out your time invested in them, right?

:oops:

They're so cute! I'm thinking I want a pair.

I have to go on a quail timeout after these hatch. I have people wanting chickens, big'uns & cochin bantams. So my bators will be occupied through spring.

The price was right anyways, you're really just out your time invested in them, right?
Yeah. That's why I'm not really upset. I'm not sure I would have done if 20 or more had hatched, to be honest. Four to eight I can handle, more than that might be a challenge. There might be some slow hatchers in there, so I'll be patient.
1579661215617.gif

Yeah. That's why I'm not really upset. I'm not sure I would have done if 20 or more had hatched, to be honest. Four to eight I can handle, more than that might be a challenge. There might be some slow hatchers in there, so I'll be patient.
View attachment 2008279
I think more are going to pop tonight.:fl

No new buttons this morning. :-( I'll keep the eggs in the incubator until my new batch of eggs arrives or Friday morning, whichever comes first, but I'm not expecting more.

This is what I have, though, and they're soooo cute! They are even more active than coturnix chicks and really won't sit still. They even seem to sleep in seconds.
0122200457.jpg

Back
Top Bottom