➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I think I'm going to put hardware cloth on the back of this
And lay it down on the back to use it for a temporary brooder.
I just need a to figure out a way to raise it up so I can put poop trays underneath it even though I'm going to try and cover the inside bottom floor with dirt boxes.
IMG_20200124_161057.jpg

if I lay it down and use the back as a bottom it'll give me about 7 square feet.

I’m still trying to figure out a way to hatching again!! While at the meat market today, the sales girl gave me contact info on a reptile breeders expo that’s held locally every month!! booth rental is $30. I was thinking if I timed my hatches right, it could be a great avenue for “selling” chicks with hatch deformities as feeders??? as well as eggs and extra chicks as feeders and/or pets.......i need to learn more about what reptile peeps want as far as feeders (live, frozen??) and pricing. DH thinks that it’s all just a waste of time and effort, but I should really try to at least offset some of my costs, right???

I’m still trying to figure out a way to hatching again!! While at the meat market today, the sales girl gave me contact info on a reptile breeders expo that’s held locally every month!! booth rental is $30. I was thinking if I timed my hatches right, it could be a great avenue for “selling” chicks with hatch deformities as feeders??? as well as eggs and extra chicks as feeders and/or pets.......i need to learn more about what reptile peeps want as far as feeders (live, frozen??) and pricing. DH thinks that it’s all just a waste of time and effort, but I should really try to at least offset some of my costs, right???
Do it!
Feed the snakes.

I would go just as an attendee the first time just to research and see if someone is already doing what you want to do or if there's unmet demand. I think there's some snakes that eat critters, and some snakes that eat eggs only, so might have multiple avenues available. Some snakes might want frozen dead food and some might only eat live.

There are people that seem to be able to sell off their day old Cream Legbar cockerels as "food".

I generally have eggs set from the beginning of spring to August nearly non-stop. Me & staggered hatches are best buddies.
Oh, wise one, since I will be starting a staggered hatch this weekend and desire to keep the chickies separate, how many days apart is optimum? Malted Milk Balls have been cooking for 5 days today. If I wait until Sunday, I'll have a dozen from Set1 that probably isn't fertile.
Hasn't even been 24 hours.
I'm not seeing anything yet.
Eggs 5, 21 and 30
I should wait another day to candle. Really, I should wait.
I think I'm going to put hardware cloth on the back of this
And lay it down on the back to use it for a temporary brooder.
I just need a to figure out a way to raise it up so I can put poop trays underneath it even though I'm going to try and cover the inside bottom floor with dirt boxes.
if I lay it down and use the back as a bottom it'll give me about 7 square feet.
Just make sure you have access to all of it. Those itty bitty doors are difficult to catch birds through.

Oh, wise one, since I will be starting a staggered hatch this weekend and desire to keep the chickies separate, how many days apart is optimum? Malted Milk Balls have been cooking for 5 days today. If I wait until Sunday, I'll have a dozen from Set1 that probably isn't fertile.
I should wait another day to candle. Really, I should wait.
Just make sure you have access to all of it. Those itty bitty doors are difficult to catch birds through.
It has two big doors too.
I had been using it, standing up the right way, for three quail already.

Back
Top Bottom