➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

That’s very true!! They are definitely a huge time commitment!! But something like parakeets you can get the parrot nature but keep them in a flock or pair so they need less time. :D

I would love a conure, cockatiel, or African Grey but conures are so loud and Greys are sooooooo smart it’s literally like having a child like you say haha cockatiels aren’t too demanding though so maybe one day. Or parakeets. But I’ve gone back and forth on just getting one or two and hand taming them/making them full pets, or getting like a flock of 4+ And just observing/enjoying them hahah I actually would love an aviary one day full of parakeets and cockatiels. :love

I would love lineolated or bourkes parakeets too. Both are awesome and are supposed to be better than normal parakeets haha

Anyway, maybe you could get parakeets or cockatiels one day! If you get them a friend or two, they’re not too much work. :)

At least in terms of attention/time requirements and stuff haha
I've had parakeets (budgies) for decades. I got out of them for a few years recently, but got two males again last year because I missed them so much. They're neat birds, that's for sure!

Is that a striped quailie!? :eek:
Myshire Pansy Fee
Screenshot_20200216-162712.png

I've had parakeets (budgies) for decades. I got out of them for a few years recently, but got two males again last year because I missed them so much. They're neat birds, that's for sure!

I didn’t realize you had parakeets for some reason! Haha they’re definitely awesome!! I’ve had several over the years. I need to get more but I want to do it properly this time and it gets expensive/time consuming aha plus I like my silence :lau but might need to try again

But in that case, you’re right. The other parrots are far more work. I’ve always been fascinated by the Greys and their intelligence but with that intelligence comes a lot of challenges for sure. They are an insane amount of work plus could potentially outlive me. It’s like having a small child for 50 years. They say African Greys are as smart as a 5 year old child but even if not, they’re definitely at least as smart as a toddler (2-3) and of course sometimes throw tantrums just like one so essentially you are stuck with a perpetual child that just never grows up :th

Back
Top Bottom