➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

don’t you need some grau fee eggs to start refilling all those coturnix cages?? :p
No way, Josè!
My 3 incubators are already full, remember?
I'm gonna use those pens for a couple rabbits and then my chick hatchlings since they're rigged up with heat lamps...
Grau fee and grau fee sparkley:duc
🙉Nope, nope, "NANANANANANANANA",
not listening!
The temporary population decrease in your birds and animals. Seems to me you already have Coturnix eggs in the incubator.
I was so confused for a moment, old blonde moment! Those quail eggs are for someone else after they hatch, and if they back out they're headed to freezer camp!
You changed your name and I didn't know who you were for a second 😂
It's still me! I like how it automatically put my "formally known as" name in my title. I'm just a simple girl went with a simple name. Still on Cedar Creek though so I haven't changed topographically! :lau

Very true, different countries allow different things and not other things. It makes it difficult when they change it half way through though! :gig

I do believe things will only get stricter but we take each day as it comes. We only have birds we are allowed to have. There is some that require paperwork etc that he was thinking of getting at the start but we decided it really isn’t work it and he’s pretty much sticking with Turacos.

I can imagine!! :lau

And yeah that makes sense. Seems like a pain to get licenses and stuff and they don’t even always grant them haha

Like I think most exotics are banned here but idk for sure.

I know the obvious ones like big cats, wolves, hybrids (wolf dogs), etc. are but not sure about birds. But this is also my state too. Massachusetts is extremely strict. Other states allow exotics. Many without even any permit or license or anything. :th

When I was in my 20s I tried parakeets. Unfortunately, they were escape artists and the cat I had at the time was an amazing hunter... I quit after the third pile of feathers.

Oh no!! That’s awful!! :( :hit

My first parakeets were a group of 4 and our dog at the time (yellow Lab) broke into my room and the cage and killed them all! :hit

Bent the bars and everything.

A feather was found in the bathroom too so I hope there wasn’t a long chase :hit

Anyway. My parents told me he chased them all out the window and I believed them :lau :th :oops:

I was young.

Pretty sure he ate them though.

Next batch was in middle school I think. A pair. Ace and Cupcake. Man I loved those two. Ace loved country music and would perch on your hand and bob his head to it :lau :love Cupcake was a little more flighty and not really hand tame but nice.

Anyway, I’m not sure exactly what happened to them but I think Cupcake or Ace (not sure which one went first) got pasty butt or something and passed away. I think I read about it and tried to save them but it was too late. :hit then the other one died shortly after of what I can only assume was a broken heart as they weren’t sick before. :hit they were extremely bonded.

Anyway, then in high school I had Buffy. I only vaguely remember him and have no idea what happened to him.

I’m a lot older now though and have done a lot of research over the years so I think I would be able to provide a much better home now but I’m not in a position to get any right now.

When I was in my 20s I tried parakeets. Unfortunately, they were escape artists and the cat I had at the time was an amazing hunter... I quit after the third pile of feathers.
Oh no. :(

I love that yellow one!
Thanks. His name was Twinkie. Gorgeous, but the most neurotic bird I've ever owned.

Back
Top Bottom