āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Split the win with someone?

I'm kidding.
Don't even go peek at the auctions tomorrow.
I don't plan to. I never open FaceSpace at work. Discord, on the other hand...
1582167087224.gif

I haven't been myself this week.
I am trying to sit still for a minute to update the sheet and I'm about to throw a conniption fit.

I've got @Sara L and @Phunktacular added.
I can't remember when or what @muddy75 set.
I'm working on Nutty's now.

Who else am I missing?
i set 30 pf on valentineā€™s day added 6 HG buttons on 15th. down to 25 pf @day 5 candling....pulled 1 cracked, 1 EQ, and 3 clears.

I think my current 10 are all from an original batch I ordered from KC quail farm last spring. Maybe a bit of my very first flock genetics mixed in. My record keeping was a good attempt but life managed to intervene and I didnā€™t stay on top of it.

I like the pretty colors but for sure would want feather sexable.

I also want decent egg size. Do the pretty colors end up with much smaller eggs? 12-14 gram size would be nice
i have at least one bird of all colors offered by myshire.....most of my eggs fall in the 10-16g range with lower end typically coming from new layers. i donā€™t think the ā€œjumboā€ thing really matters as much except with meat yield @ 10 weeks. some of my colored birds are just as big and healthy adults as ā€œjumbosā€.....itā€™s determined a lot by care, feeding, housing and a little bit of ā€œspoilingā€ with the hens(IMHO).....myshire now offers a feather-sexable variety and if you are interested in the fb auctions, they are up and running again!! šŸ˜‰

Hmm. That would require so many things. Facebook account. Being ready to set up an incubator and brooder. Trying to just get a few eggs and not 408.

Probably I need to start getting organized. Do they ever sell small lots? Maybe 15-20 eggs?
he offers a lot of 30 egg batches on the auctions.....he advertises 25 egg batches on ebay and the website (but iā€™m pretty sure he still ships 30). yes the auctions require a fb account but you can either set up one just for quail related stuff or use someoneā€™s just for auctions......can sometimes get a really good deal!!

itā€™s gonna be a bit more difficult to get good deals this weekend! šŸ˜‚. the group is now almost 300 ppl and many have not learned how auctions go yet so iā€™m expecting several max and times through the weekend!
I'm not looking.
I'm out of room for another week or two.

My mam has decided she wants to try and hatch some shop bought eggs. Iā€™ve already told her that chances are if any are fertile itā€™ll only be the odd one but she wants to give it a go anyways.

Iā€™ve told her the quails eggs that are there have the highest chance of being fertile as they tend to come from smaller scale suppliers that renew their own stock so there is a higher chance of a Male being in with them.

She wants to give the blue chickens eggs a go though :confused:

Back
Top Bottom