➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Why didn't you calibrate?

They are plastic thermomerer hydrometer combos. I looked into calibrating the thermometer portion and found out that they could not be calibrated. I guess i got sidetracked getting super creative to figure out how to calibrate the temp on the two bators i never went back to figure out how to do humidity. They both read pretty close to each other, and i see posts with ppl running no water to 75% to 80% humidity the whole time i figured it cant be that critical.

They are plastic thermomerer hydrometer combos. I looked into calibrating the thermometer portion and found out that they could not be calibrated. I guess i got sidetracked getting super creative to figure out how to calibrate the temp on the two bators i never went back to figure out how to do humidity. They both read pretty close to each other, and i see posts with ppl running no water to 75% to 80% humidity the whole time i figured it cant be that critical.
Knowing what the actual humidity is, is not critical. Managing the humidity for the proper end results is critical. The people that manage their humidity without actually knowing exactly what it is do so by weekly weight checks of the eggs to make sure sufficient weight loss occurs. The weight loss corresponds directly with the increase in the size of the air cell.

People that claim they are running 75% to 80% humidity during the whole incubation period and actually getting eggs to hatch are either not telling the truth or they are believing false humidity readings. I suspect that what you thought was being claimed for the whole incubation period was really only what they were using during lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom