➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I’ll try to check out the tendon thing tomorrow. If it doesn’t look good I’ll “help” it. Do you think it could be butchered to eat? Should I be worried about diseases? :sick
:old Just make sure you cook her before you eat her, plus you get to do a necropsy on that leg if you go that route... just saying.

I know I know you, but I cannot figure out how! What threads do you frequent?
This one of course, "How many eggs did you get today", a Turkey talk thread, "Keep a word & Drop a word", Kiki's "Balut" hatch thread and a few others off & on. I was previously known as "Cedar Creek Farm Lady" as well, had some sick turkey poults a couple months back and have a thread on Jake's treatment for Histomoniasis.
:confused:

Last edited:
Looks like it is folded backward under her when she lays down then she stands on the other foot and sort of flutter hops to move. Kind of like she can’t even pull it in to a standing position.
One of my little pullets was doing that. She seems a little better now. (After about a week) I think she must have hurt herself hopping down from a roost.

We were right in the middle of butchering adult quail 2 days ago and I couldn't get a picture.( I rarely take my phone outside because I hate it, lol. ) My husband showed me the bottom of a Myshire quail I had hatched, and it had 2 vents!!! I never noticed it until then either.
Do you think it was a twin and absorbed the other? Or just a weird abnormality?

We were right in the middle of butchering adult quail 2 days ago and I couldn't get a picture.( I rarely take my phone outside because I hate it, lol. ) My husband showed me the bottom of a Myshire quail I had hatched, and it had 2 vents!!! I never noticed it until then either.
Do you think it was a twin and absorbed the other? Or just a weird abnormality?
So weird! Was anything else paired inside? Did it have extra gonads?

IMG_20200404_122904.jpg
IMG_20200404_123012.jpg

Back
Top Bottom