➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I had my eye on a dining room set at an auction once. I had been shopping and knew what they were going for new. This one was similar--not new--not antique either. I watched several people bid it up to more than double the price at the furniture stores. 🤷‍♀️ That was before smart phones, though--and out of range even now, I'm sure. :gig

So I investigated the bum leg on the quail more. It doesn’t seem like an obvious slipped tendon. At least I couldn’t find anything to slide back in place. The foot doesn’t look like it has good blood flow either. Probably will have to cull but I dislike that part of raising quail, plus I’m down to only 8 adult hens already. :rolleyes:

My hatch is still on going. But the 1 lone chick that hatched now has 20 little quail playmates and 6 chicken chicks. Saw a few more pipped when I pulled the hatched ones out.

These eggs were given to me off a quail purchase. So I didnt know age, fertility, or handling. But they were just piled in a box. So I'm glad with what I'm getting. Several different colors coming out. So all mixes I'd guess.

I know the fellow had Italians, a&ms, jumbo Pharoah, and rosettas.

Back
Top Bottom