➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Wow, do you think it’s wings will stay with the white on them as an adult?
I don't really know, never had that occur in my Valley's. Keep us posted, I'm interested to see if it does have the white after it's first molt.

I don't really know, never had that occur in my Valley's. Keep us posted, I'm interested to see if it does have the white after it's first molt.

Turns out Wonky, the chick with with wonky neck also has this white on ‘her’ wings 😱 She’s feathering much much slower than all the others.

They definitely are the only two with it out of the batch. I’ll keep you updated with how they continue to feather out.

If it does happen to be the albino gene, and these two ended up being Male and female would their chicks be white? I never knew of any California quails being white before!

D82F2437-F50F-4DC6-92C4-A49A40DA49FF.jpeg

Turns out Wonky, the chick with with wonky neck also has this white on ‘her’ wings 😱 She’s feathering much much slower than all the others.

They definitely are the only two with it out of the batch. I’ll keep you updated with how they continue to feather out.

If it does happen to be the albino gene, and these two ended up being Male and female would their chicks be white? I never knew of any California quails being white before!

View attachment 2159228
Albino is a recessive gene, so there's no guarantee that the chicks would be white, but there would be a chance.

View attachment 2159228
No guarantee but it could happen. Albinism is the results of a recessive gene. If both have it? then there's a chance but not anything I'd be willing to bet the farm on! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom