➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Little runt is doing well, even tough she still looks like she is only three weeks old. The big girls accepted her without any problem and one even tried to sit on her like a mother hen. She is making chick noises while her siblings already do adult noises and show interest in laid eggs. I have had runts before, but they feathered out normally like the rest. :idunno

Attachments

• IMG_20200712_162934.jpg
    IMG_20200712_162934.jpg
    568.9 KB · Views: 8
I’m calling the SSC hatch... 4 cross beaks DIS (They couldn’t zip or tried and
and 7 infertile. 21 made it to lockdown. 1 I cracked and 1 was delivered cracked.

Rosetta 24 made it to lockdown... 6 early quitters. I’m happy with the rosettas.

Heres one of the cross beaks or scissor beak... Poor things. I’m glad they passed in the shell. I hate culling chicks!
B1054D38-7491-4B2D-B3FC-121703499E3C.jpeg

I’m calling the SSC hatch... 4 cross beaks DIS (They couldn’t zip or tried and
and 7 infertile. 21 made it to lockdown. 1 I cracked and 1 was delivered cracked.

Rosetta 24 made it to lockdown... 6 early quitters. I’m happy with the rosettas.

Heres one of the cross beaks or scissor beak... Poor things. I’m glad they passed in the shell. I hate culling chicks!
View attachment 2240212
Poor thing.

I'm on the edge of my seat too, it's just passed the end of hatch day with no signs of movement. I'm beginning to think they got cooked in the post and never had a chance!
Have you candled to look for movement in the air cell?
Like this:

Back
Top Bottom