➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Since this morning. They’re in the bator with grippy stuff.

Both bators hatched quail at the same time. Both have been tested and retested every hatch. The hygrometers and thermometers calibrated and all.

Think it’s just to ruin my day 🤔 Today was great and has ended quite rough. But tomorrow is a new day.
Walk away.... There is still plenty of time for their feet to correct themselves.

Since this morning. They’re in the bator with grippy stuff.

Both bators hatched quail at the same time. Both have been tested and retested every hatch. The hygrometers and thermometers calibrated and all.

Think it’s just to ruin my day 🤔 Today was great and has ended quite rough. But tomorrow is a new day.
Do you have Nutri-Drench?
The sooner they start eating and drinking the better.

Do you have Nutri-Drench?
The sooner they start eating and drinking the better.
They can’t even walk! I have them on it already in the bator. All the problems are with the SSC not any other type. So weird!

27BC1C63-0490-4F37-A94A-C8D7187E3FD1.jpeg

This one is abnormally small too. Also has a messed up eye.
C2B465AB-E6C2-41D6-808F-C072EE4EA533.jpeg

The rosettas are perfect and none had issues.

They can’t even walk! I have them on it already in the bator. All the problems are with the SSC not any other type. So weird!

View attachment 2240515

View attachment 2240518

The parents are too closely related. There is too small of a gene pool in the U.S.

The parents are too closely related. There is too small of a gene pool in the U.S.
Hmmm well I text them to let them know. I’ll be keeping very few of these and only putting a few females (In perfect condition) with my males of other colors. I don’t want genetic defects in my offspring.

This is just heartbreaking

View attachment 2240515

View attachment 2240518

I started having problems with my SSC birds too. The first hatch I got from MyShire were fine, but when I started hatching chicks from them I got a few good hatches, but when I changed out roos, I started getting a lot of defects. I think the SSC are too inbred.

I started having problems with my SSC birds too. The first hatch I got from MyShire were fine, but when I started hatching chicks from them I got a few good hatches, but when I changed out roos, I started getting a lot of defects. I think the SSC are too inbred.
Thank you for sharing that. The rosettas were perfect. Zero issues with them.

Back
Top Bottom