āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Thanks for asking! 5 out of 7 have hatched, though the temperature must have been a bit too low as 3 popped out one day late, and two more have hatched today. The one that was assisted seems to be doing well, but the two newer ones are getting picked on a lot in the brooder, so we've had to put them in a separate smaller box inside it for now.
You could try giving them a smallish upside-down cardboard box with two little doors cut in. It will be semi-dark in there so even if others join them, they are likely to be unmolested.

These are Coturnix quail. I thought hatch was 17-18 days.

I thought the 15th day was lockdown, so Saturday the 25 at 8 am? But I am new to this.

I have seen some people count the day they put the eggs in as the first day and some people count that as day zero....

I've done only one hatch before. Also Coturnix quail eggs. I put them in June 21st, did lockdown July 5th and they were born July 9th. I think my temperature might have been a little bit low so I've raised to a tiny bit for this hatch. If you count the day that I put the eggs in as day 0 that means they were born on day 19. If you count the day that they were put in as day 1, they hatched on day 20.
If I'm remembering correctly from what I've read here, Cots are expected to hatch on or about the 19th day.

Thanks for the idea! Iā€™ll definitely add something like that if thereā€™s any more aggression. One more hatched today, all 6 are together in the brooder now and seem to be getting along fine after the initial excitement. They have a stuffed toy in there that has enough room for them all to hide under, which they seem to love.

These are Coturnix quail. I thought hatch was 17-18 days.

I thought the 15th day was lockdown, so Saturday the 25 at 8 am? But I am new to this.

I have seen some people count the day they put the eggs in as the first day and some people count that as day zero....

I've done only one hatch before. Also Coturnix quail eggs. I put them in June 21st, did lockdown July 5th and they were born July 9th. I think my temperature might have been a little bit low so I've raised to a tiny bit for this hatch. If you count the day that I put the eggs in as day 0 that means they were born on day 19. If you count the day that they were put in as day 1, they hatched on day 20.
Lockdown isn't so important...when it comes to stopping turning the eggs.
A day or three early is fine...won't hurt.

Thatā€™s so sad. Looks like none of us will continue with silvers
Perry Schofield is now a friend on Facebook....I will message him to see if I can get some information/feedback and I will also talk to Zack.....you and others @Nabiki may want to bring this up in a live....but I donā€™t want to blindside Zack šŸ¤£

Back
Top Bottom