āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Just wondering from these 3459 pages of extreamly experienced people o.o when will my button quail get a sense of day and night and when it does do i cut the light off or dim it i kept it on first couple days then started dimming it a bit for bed time thoughts?

Just wondering from these 3459 pages of extreamly experienced people o.o when will my button quail get a sense of day and night and when it does do i cut the light off or dim it i kept it on first couple days then started dimming it a bit for bed time thoughts?
How old are the quail? Are they used to having light 24/7?

If they aren't used to the dark they will probably freak out if you just turn off the light. Having a dimmer is nice if it takes a few minutes to go from on to fully off; this will allow the quail to figure out it's bed time and get settled in for the night, instead of being stranded wherever they were standing when the light suddenly goes off.

I found a sluggish fly on the floor this morning. I think one of my cats had been playing with it. I threw it in with the chicks, and it was so fun watching a chick grab it, then run away from all of the other chicks who wanted it too.

Quail chicks are so cute. They're growing and getting their feathers!
0807200654.jpg

I have some definite pips, but it's a day early and they seem to be pipping in the wrong place on the egg. As it's my first attempt, there are definitely things I didn't get adjusted just right as I went, but I'm hoping I still get a few to make it out. I mean, nature's not perfect either, right? The next few days should be fun, I hope.

Back
Top Bottom