➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

When you butcher your birds do you do the entire bird or just rip off the breast trying to decide if it’s worth keeping the whole bird
I have 2 males and 9 hens in 24 sq ft. I use the whole bird, we cut off the head, feet, and wings, then remove the skin and feathers, then the guts.

image.jpg I know how to kill and butcher it’s just realy not worth it. That’s why I had made plans with someone to take all my birds and give me half the meat. Raising for eggs. But he is out of town and roosters are getting very violent. Needed to cull the flock. Just was wondering if it’s worth doing full butcher or just take breast off. Eather way just killed and cleaned 4 birds I’ll eat them later in the week. Also I have seen people use gardening shears instead of scissors. Do you think they would be better to cut off head. I also used this mallet to stun bird first it’s a weighted carving mallet

I know how to kill and butcher it’s just realy not worth it. That’s why I had made plans with someone to take all my birds and give me half the meat. Raising for eggs. But he is out of town and roosters are getting very violent. Needed to cull the flock. Just was wondering if it’s worth doing full butcher or just take breast off. Eather way just killed and cleaned 4 birds I’ll eat them later in the week. Also I have seen people use gardening shears instead of scissors. Do you think they would be better to cut off head.
I have bought good garden shears.
Regular old scissors work better.

Back
Top Bottom