āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

QB#18 - 9 quail have hatched and in the brooder. One more just popped out too late to join the dry ones and 2 more are pipped. Out of 12 eggs, we are doing well.

I started the incubator and basically forgot about them until lock down. Pulled the turner, added a jar of water last Sunday and quail started last night. Between work and running around doing stuff, I'm neglecting these poor, cute babies.

QB#18 - 9 quail have hatched and in the brooder. One more just popped out too late to join the dry ones and 2 more are pipped. Out of 12 eggs, we are doing well.

I started the incubator and basically forgot about them until lock down. Pulled the turner, added a jar of water last Sunday and quail started last night. Between work and running around doing stuff, I'm neglecting these poor, cute babies.
Pics please

Almost a day old.
3380BAEC-3EEA-440A-98F9-1836313379F0.jpeg

The last 2 are pipped and not making progress. The water jar did run dry so might be shrink wrapped. they have an hour before I pop the top. I think one is already gone. 10 little chickies running in the brooder.
Top popped and both were shrink wrapped and both alive. After the lids were removed they pushed out and flopping around. See what happens next. This gives
13 started
12 fertile
10 hatched and doing fine
2 just assisted and we are waiting. Hopeful, but waiting.

The days are shortening and we got 1 egg today without lights. 6 hens and 1 egg. I'll have to figure out a light on a timer cause the chickens aren't doing great either. One chicken is already starting molt.

Sex ID please, Iā€™m thinking itā€™s a boy right? No bulging at the vent yet, 8-9 weeks old.

Attachments

• 06EE674A-42C6-4DF6-9306-089094AAE7DD.jpeg
    06EE674A-42C6-4DF6-9306-089094AAE7DD.jpeg
    295.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 19E6D237-034A-4E7F-B8EE-33BB0198EB7E.jpeg
    19E6D237-034A-4E7F-B8EE-33BB0198EB7E.jpeg
    345.1 KB · Views: 10
Sex ID please, Iā€™m thinking itā€™s a boy right? No bulging at the vent yet, 8-9 weeks old.
What color pattern? Coturnix, correct? Few speckles, so I'll guess male but that one may not be feather sexable. The lights are dimming so sexual activity may be dropping. Do you have lights on your quail?

Good luck and wait for a crow? Mine are happy and not crowing. But I'm also not getting many eggs. Afraid that fall is in the air and about to hit the molting season.

Back
Top Bottom