āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Spend a few days getting used to things. Notice at the topof each THREAD there is a watch button. If you click to watch a thread...it will stay on your watched threads list which makes it easier to find again.
The watched threads list is...View attachment 2377735View attachment 2377736
Spend a few days getting used to things. Notice at the topof each THREAD there is a watch button. If you click to watch a thread...it will stay on your watched threads list which makes it easier to find again.
The watched threads list is...
I am using a computer. Doesn't look the same as a phone app does.

My replacement eggs from Myshire have started hatching. Five so far. I hope that doesn't end up being it; I've been lazy and haven't really candled this batch.

But it's happening again with hatching the wrong color :( So far of them, three are pharoah and two are Egyptian. Again, Egyptian is recessive Roux dilute on a pharoah base, so with Egyptian it's impossible to hatch something that's not at least Roux dilute unless at least one of the parents wasn't Egyptian.

So I don't know why this keeps happening. Well, I do - but it doesn't make sense that they'd have so many non-Egyptian birds in their Egyptian breeding pen that over half of the chicks aren't inheriting two copies of Roux.

Of course, hopefully this is just early in the hatch. Maybe I'll end up with mostly Egyptian and it's just chance that so far more are Pharoah than Egyptian.

Good news - I just looked the eggs over and I'm definitely going to have more hatchers. In fact, I have since had more hatch.

Bad news - I'm up to 11 out now, and six are pharoah and five are Egyptian. So, looking pretty good like I'm going to end up with at the very least an even number of Pharoah and Egyptian again.

So either they sent me the wrong eggs again (I doubt that), they don't understand the genetics and have their breeding pen set up wrong accidentally, or they do know the genetics, but just have the breeding pen set up with a bunch of pharoahs and/or pharoah splits for some reason, but they don't say this in their listing, which I would think they would.

Last edited:
Good news - I just looked the eggs over and I'm definitely going to have more hatchers. In fact, I have since had more hatch.

Bad news - I'm up to 11 out now, and six are pharoah and five are Egyptian. So, looking pretty good like I'm going to end up with at the very least an even number of Pharoah and Egyptian again.

So either they sent me the wrong eggs again (I doubt that), they don't understand the genetics and have their breeding pen set up wrong accidentally, or they do know the genetics, but just have the breeding pen set up with a bunch of pharoahs and/or pharoah splits for some reason, but they don't say this in their listing, which I would think they would.
My snowies from Myshire just hatched, and I got 39 out of 60 eggs, but less than half are actually snowie, lots of falb fee. It doesnā€™t say on the description page that they donā€™t hatch true. Once all the chicks are dry and in the incubator Iā€™ll get an official count, itā€™s hard without taking them out one by one because thereā€™s too many. If I donā€™t have 20 snowies, Iā€™m going to email them. Iā€™ve got a few with deformities Iā€™ve never seen, and one perfectly formed and seemingly healthy, but crazy small.

Back
Top Bottom