āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

I have seen a few videos a where people spray their birds with vinegar and water mix when they introduce them and they donā€™t fight. Anyone know if thatā€™s true? Also is it better to keep two males from the same hatch and get rid of my older male or can I keep my older male and one of my new roosters in same cage. There will be 15 hens and two males in a 3x8 cage
I do vinegar when I combine and they do great. Since I heard about it, I have mixed and matched several times with no issues. I watch for a bit and squirt any trouble makers.

Was going to take old birds out of flock and put in tub and then take and introduce new and old to cage after couple hours. And spray with vinegar water to get them to get along. Is that what you guys do?
I mist all birds, I leave the olds in the pen, mist all over the pen, the boxes and hides etc. then I put in the new birds. I change the squirt bottle from mist to spray/sniper mode and I watch for any trouble makers. Anyone who aggresses gets one across the back, after that I aim for the chest. Once theyā€™ve settled down I just go out and remind any trouble makers once per hour, and after 2 hours Iā€™ve never had anyone need more reminding.

I mist all birds, I leave the olds in the pen, mist all over the pen, the boxes and hides etc. then I put in the new birds. I change the squirt bottle from mist to spray/sniper mode and I watch for any trouble makers. Anyone who aggresses gets one across the back, after that I aim for the chest. Once theyā€™ve settled down I just go out and remind any trouble makers once per hour, and after 2 hours Iā€™ve never had anyone need more reminding.
Seriously love this advice and nice it know it works

Back
Top Bottom