➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

My replacement eggs from Myshire have started hatching. Five so far. I hope that doesn't end up being it; I've been lazy and haven't really candled this batch.

But it's happening again with hatching the wrong color :( So far of them, three are pharoah and two are Egyptian. Again, Egyptian is recessive Roux dilute on a pharoah base, so with Egyptian it's impossible to hatch something that's not at least Roux dilute unless at least one of the parents wasn't Egyptian.

So I don't know why this keeps happening. Well, I do - but it doesn't make sense that they'd have so many non-Egyptian birds in their Egyptian breeding pen that over half of the chicks aren't inheriting two copies of Roux.

Of course, hopefully this is just early in the hatch. Maybe I'll end up with mostly Egyptian and it's just chance that so far more are Pharoah than Egyptian.
I can't find my notes but I am sure that he doesn't claim that these breed 100% true.
I have a list of all of this colors and what percent they breed true plus what the other percent that doesn't breed true may hatch out as and I can't find the damn thing to save my life today.

I'll dig for it again tomorrow.

My snowies from Myshire just hatched, and I got 39 out of 60 eggs, but less than half are actually snowie, lots of falb fee. It doesn’t say on the description page that they don’t hatch true. Once all the chicks are dry and in the incubator I’ll get an official count, it’s hard without taking them out one by one because there’s too many. If I don’t have 20 snowies, I’m going to email them. I’ve got a few with deformities I’ve never seen, and one perfectly formed and seemingly healthy, but crazy small.
These do not bred 100% true either.
None of the colors do.
One breeds 95% true, if I am remembering correctly but none of HIS other colors are that high.

I’m at a loss how to treat some of the leg deformities. I’m not sure what causes it. I would say some fault goes to shipping, some to incubation, and some to genetics. Normally from homegrowns I have the usual minor issues, like 1 with curled toes or one with splay. I had one with one leg shorter than the other and curled toes. But some of the legs and toes are just so messed up I don’t know where to start. So I’m just starting from the top, try to get the hip oriented properly, then the hock, then foot, then toes. It’s actually really taking a lot out of me having this many in sick bay so to speak.
Do you have a salt tested humidity gauge?
What do you run your humidity at?

Back
Top Bottom