āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Okay, so I'm going to send them an email once I work out how I want to phrase it to not sound like a jerk. Again, I don't want them to send me more eggs, I just want them to know that something is going wrong for them somewhere.

Also, I wanted to make sure I was correct with the color genetics, so I posted in my quail genetics groups, and I got confirmation that what I thought was correct, is correct. No way a breeding group of all Egyptians can produce Pharoahs. Even Perry Schofield liked my post, lol.
Have you heard back? I emailed several days ago to zack, I called and left a message yesterday I think, and I just emailed again to Jenna. Today I noticed 1/3 of the 14 snowies are blind, one has a skull shape deformity, the rest look normal, none are albino. So of my 60 eggs/39 chicks which I ordered as snowies, only 9 are snowies healthy enough so far to breed. :-(

Have you heard back? I emailed several days ago to zack, I called and left a message yesterday I think, and I just emailed again to Jenna. Today I noticed 1/3 of the 14 snowies are blind, one has a skull shape deformity, the rest look normal, none are albino. So of my 60 eggs/39 chicks which I ordered as snowies, only 9 are snowies healthy enough so far to breed. :-(

Nope, I haven't heard back.

So sorry to hear about yours :(

You All have been so helpful in the past I was hoping you might have some advice for me about quail. I want to have a couple of roosters In one cage just in case one gets sick or escapes. But my adult rooster Attacks all others. I hatched 4 roosters and tried to introduce one in with others but my adult hurt it so bad I had to put it down.

My question is would I better off saving two of the young birds that were hatched and raised together in the same cage instead of my one rooster I bought and one I raised. Or will they attack each other no matter what I do? If need be Iā€™ll kill the older bird so that I can have the two younger in my coop.

3ft x 8ft cage
And 15 hens

I am slowly narrowing down who is laying the blue egg, lol. I put the three girls I was suspecting in their own section and got another blue egg, so it must be one of them. I'm pretty sure I've gotten eggs that weren't Celadon from two of them, so my prime suspect is a Tibetan tux girl.

Are you going to start breeding Birds that lay eggs that are blue?

Hoping to! I'll have to breed the hen that's laying these back to one of her sons, see if the daughters lay blue eggs, if not change males, and keep going like that.

Or I could go the easy route and buy Celadon eggs from someone, but where's the fun in that?

You All have been so helpful in the past I was hoping you might have some advice for me about quail. I want to have a couple of roosters In one cage just in case one gets sick or escapes. But my adult rooster Attacks all others. I hatched 4 roosters and tried to introduce one in with others but my adult hurt it so bad I had to put it down.

My question is would I better off saving two of the young birds that were hatched and raised together in the same cage instead of my one rooster I bought and one I raised. Or will they attack each other no matter what I do? If need be Iā€™ll kill the older bird so that I can have the two younger in my coop.

3ft x 8ft cage
And 15 hens
The two that were raised together are more likely to get along, but if you have more than one roo in a pen, they are likely to fight. You have better chances if they have a lot of space and a lot of places to hide, but it really depends on the personalities of the boys.

I have noticed that 1-2 of my birds lays larger eggs then the rest. Is that true that all a birds eggs are bigger every lay?If so can I focuson raising birds that lay bigger eggs? Like only hatch the eggs that are larger and those chicks will lay larger eggs? Or is it random? Like one egg is bigger today and the next day is smaller.

Back
Top Bottom