➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

The eggs that have the white speckled spots on top of the paint - is that calcium or...? I've got one hen that lays that kind of egg each day, her's are larger and she eats more than the others. I've only witnessed her lay twice but I know her preferred areas. The times I witnessed the lay, she was mated by the roo very shortly before the egg was laid. Does that contribute to the white coating? It came out like a normal painted egg and as it "dried" the white speckling showed up. I searched for an answer - results keep giving me calcium covered chicken egg info.

I try to stay below 42% before lockdown, and below 65 at lockdown. My area is extremely humid, my property backs a small swamp. I have it set up now, and the hatch mat I made might be a bit damp, and I washed all the stuff and wiped down the inside, so the humidity is high, like 48% with no water in it. I hooked up all the stuff, so over the next 2 days I’m going to watch the readings. The temp seems spot on so far.
I also forgot to say that I used to use the official hatch mats but I just figured out that the width of the unit is exactly 12 inches and you can cut an entire sheet of shelf liner to 12x20 and it fits perfectly. Brinsea can keep their expensive hatching mats. 😬

Enabler!!!!
Well, I don't have space for that many eggs. I mean, I might be able to squeeze that many into all three of my incubators, but then I wouldn't have space for the chicks.

1603646091666.gif

Back
Top Bottom