➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Temp is always spot on in the ovation. It's incredible.

Without the sponge one well would get you about 35 I bet. the issue is that the automatic dropper would need like the full well PLUS the water dropping in and sliding down to get you to 40. If it keeps trying to add water, eventually it overflows. I imagine in your environment one well with the sponge in it and about half full fo water will get you to 42.

I would use the sponge and set for like 38-40 just to watch what it does and make sure it doesn't fill. I THINK to get to 60 for lockdown, you'll have to fill the other well and then run the constant drip of the sponge well. You'll need to either add water during lockdown to the left side well, or, you'll need to add a bowl of water, or when the left side well dries up, the right side one will overflow.
I’ve been running it with no sponge, it drops about 1 drop every 1-2 hours and has been holding about 38% humidity when set for 40 with the vent open as far as it goes, so it’s doing really well. I will probably set my eggs tomorrow, I’m so excited to try it out, but I want to set at least 90 eggs and I only have about 60.

I also forgot to say that I used to use the official hatch mats but I just figured out that the width of the unit is exactly 12 inches and you can cut an entire sheet of shelf liner to 12x20 and it fits perfectly. Brinsea can keep their expensive hatching mats. 😬
I traced the cardboard mat they gave for free, and made a mat out of shelf liner in the same exact shape.

Some pics of a couple albinos:
FC8926A0-38EC-4DBA-9465-A829F6009A75.jpeg
8CB7CAA9-BCAF-47CA-83F5-0CEC74046D58.jpeg

Little Pebble is peaking from behind the heat plate.

I traced the cardboard mat they gave for free, and made a mat out of shelf liner in the same exact shape.
I went to dollar tree and got a huge roll of shelf liner non slip rubber mat with enough to put inside incubator and brooder and bed time tub and still had left over to set under the incubator to make it look nice for pics o.o price 1dollar$

Are there good chick ID photos in this thread? Elsewhere that anyone uses or suggest? I’m trying to get an idea of what chick colors I may wanna keep out of my first hatch this week.
There are several different threads that were started with pics of quail chicks and there identies. I believe that @muddy75 started one of them.

Are there good chick ID photos in this thread? Elsewhere that anyone uses or suggest? I’m trying to get an idea of what chick colors I may wanna keep out of my first hatch this week.
What are you going to be hatching?
(I am way behind)

What colors?

Back
Top Bottom