➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Some of the babies at three weeks. The amount of feathers flying everywhere is another surprise for me in our first hatch. I ended up putting in a shower stall for them when they were just over two weeks, which doubles as more sq ft area for them. Three of them prefer to sleep in there. Four of them cuddle in a corner to sleep at night away from the heat source. It's been a fascinating learning experience. They are catching some worms so I put grit in earlier than the three week mark as well.

Attachments

• C86073A7-EDA7-4FDD-A444-1E1A88D2A577.jpeg
    C86073A7-EDA7-4FDD-A444-1E1A88D2A577.jpeg
    672.2 KB · Views: 4
:barnie:barnie:barnieI had to pay extra because I wasn't prepared.
My regular feed is sold out.
I got this over priced stuff.
Its 11 dollars more per bag than my regular feed. That's silly.
Screenshot_20201130-113915_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201130-113923_Chrome.jpg

:barnie:barnie:barnieI had to pay extra because I wasn't prepared.
My regular feed is sold out.
I got this over priced stuff.
Its 11 dollars more per bag than my regular feed. That's silly.View attachment 2431289View attachment 2431290
I know the pain, it’s hurts your pockets and your bottom line, then you look at that bag until it’s gone, and get a daily reminder of losing $11.

Woo hoo! All of the chicks are gone! I had started to lose hope, I had 38 left from my original hundred and something, the emails had really slowed, then on Friday I got 2 emails, one guy picked up 30 on Saturday, and the other is a reptile guy! He took my 8 and some eggs, his pets ate all that was offered so from now on he will take whatever I don’t want at discount feeder prices. It’s really a relief because when they start to get towards 3 weeks they’re just too big to keep many inside.

He sent me pics of his monitor lizard eating and carrying the eggs and it was awesome. I’ve started collecting eggs again, I’m going to fill the nr360 with sex links and sell him the males cheap, and I’ll fill the brinsea up and sell him any that don’t sell in 2 weeks.

A real relief also because my snowies are crowing like crazy, I banded 4 males today, the falb fee, the Manchurian with the red neck, my silver with literally the nicest pattern, perfect silver v’s tipping each feather, looks like some of the chickens I see posted. I can only keep 3-4 of the males and I definitely want the manchurian and silver, I was going to keep the falb fee because he’s the only one I KNOW carries fee, the Manchurians have so few spots, and I have no idea how to tell with the silvers. But no one has foam yet, and I’m hoping the only lavender one is a hen because if it’s male the falb fee has to go.

Here’s one of the boys I took some pics of when I banded him:
7B8CF6FE-2791-4FEA-9329-037CD5E4C1E0.jpeg
C8C2DC53-4282-45A1-B5B4-126DF3578FE9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom