➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Oh no! I forget the situation, was she prolapsed?
Yeah, she was. I had taken her out to get pictures and then put her back in and she pooped an egg out while walking and prolapsed. And I think she was trying to lay it before I got her out too as she was laying down in the corner in a little spot. Should’ve left her I guess. I’m worried I stressed her out or squeezed her too hard or something when I had her out 😭😭😭

Yeah, she was. I had taken her out to get pictures and then put her back in and she pooped an egg out while walking and prolapsed. And I think she was trying to lay it before I got her out too as she was laying down in the corner in a little spot. Should’ve left her I guess. I’m worried I stressed her out or squeezed her too hard or something when I had her out 😭😭😭
Awwww, there’s no way you could have known. If it happened that easily, in a young bird, there’s probably nothing you could have done to prevent it.

Awwww, there’s no way you could have known. If it happened that easily, in a young bird, there’s probably nothing you could have done to prevent it.
Thanks! That makes sense! I just got some layer feed yesterday to switch them to as I think that may have been part of the problem too. I had them on Flockraiser because of the boys so hopefully the layer will help too. I feel terrible 😭

I'm waiting for the Rare Variety to come back in stock, and then I'm gonna order. What did you get?
he just sent me a variety.....I’ve been planning to hatch some of their eggs for over a year now but just procrastinated ordering. he sent some possible sparklies and a few possible black i think?? they should arrive tomorrow???

Lock down today ... from the 110 eggs setup, 79 have gone to lock down. 24 were not fertile (unfortunately all the 8 CE, the new roo isn't active yet) and 7 quitters.

20210117_165241.jpg

Excited ... as always :wee

Back
Top Bottom