➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Sealer you don’t have any local feed stores?
I do but they don’t carry a quality game bird feed. The only one that carries it has a brand that looks like trail mix with 11% or 13% protein. I can’t remember the name brand right now but I know I don’t want it. I’m already buying a crap load of stuff for my cats from Chewy so I might just add Hudson feeds to the list. I read that their feed has niacin and other nutrients that Purina does not have listed in their ingredients.

This is the reason I haven’t gotten into quail earlier. I made an attempt to find quail feed a couple years ago and couldn’t find it so I gave up.

I do but they don’t carry a quality game bird feed. The only one that carries it has a brand that looks like trail mix with 11% or 13% protein. I can’t remember the name brand right now but I know I don’t want it. I’m already buying a crap load of stuff for my cats from Chewy so I might just add Hudson feeds to the list. I read that their feed has niacin and other nutrients that Purina does not have listed in their ingredients.

This is the reason I haven’t gotten into quail earlier. I made an attempt to find quail feed a couple years ago and couldn’t find it so I gave up.
Will they special order for you? My feed store special orders the Purina Startena for me.

Purina has niacin in their feed as do most manufacturers. It is not an ingredient that Federal regulations require them to show on the ingredients tag. You can find the niacin content of feeds by contacting the manufacturer and requesting the information. Proper quail feed is often sold as turkey or gamebird feed.

Last edited:
Don’t know yet. I was trying to narrow down what I should or should not get before I started talking to the feed stores.
When my local feed store closed ( owner retired), I was prepared to become my own feed store. I did not have to because Sutherland's Lumber who also carries feed was more than happy to start carrying a proper turkey or gamebird starter.

I did check with Murdoch's and the other local feed store. Both refused to even special order it for me. Obviously I send my customers to Sutherland's for their feed.

Purina has niacin in their feed as do most manufacturers. It is not an ingredient ths Federal regulations require them to show on the ingredients tag. You can find the niacin content of feeds by contacting the manufacturer and requesting the information. Proper quail feed is often sold as turkey or gamebird feed.
Ok. This first pic is what I saw on their website earlier. I went back and saw that it is included as an ingredient (second pic).
11069EBD-8606-426C-AE63-C42CCAE2E542.png

299E28D2-BE40-4E10-8B18-FD038C427F14.png

I used Hudson feeds 24% gamebird I believe(whatever their 24% is) for the last year and had no problems. It’s pellets not crumble, and my birds vastly prefer the pellets. I only switched for cost reasons.

Back
Top Bottom