➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Glamour shots of the three celadon hens I got from my Dec. 27th hatch.
IMAG0001.jpg IMAG0002.jpg IMAG0003.jpg

Well I think our main hatch is done & we had 25/45 hatch successfully. No “should I....shouldn’t I help” eggs & not one egg needed assistance at all. A lovely clean trouble free hatch - phew!
Yay! & thanks all! I think your advice on humidity really helped. I will wait for that first pip before raising humidity in future.

These were shipped eggs so I’m pretty happy with a hatch above 50% Only one with curly toes so I think the parent birds were largely healthy & in a good nutritional state. It’s always hard to know with shipped eggs what I should consider my fault & poor incubation practice & where to acknowledge the quality of the parent birds & eggs is an issue.

I like our new incubator though... that was pretty much fuss free. I will confess it’s already filling up again..... ducks next! Yay! & from our own happy healthy birds - yay!

I ordered a cree flashlight two weeks ago. Was supposed to be here last week. Just pinged the seller and ended up with a refund because it hadn't even shipped yet. So much for candling better this hatch :(

(From 2/14/2021) . . .Prepping the incubator -- planning to hatch 14 homegrown (7 celadon, 7 speckled) and 5 refrigerator eggs from the supermarket, total of 19. . . .View attachment 2530481
Update: I just candled the eggs on day 11. Only two of the supermarket (of the total 5 put in ) appear to be clear. There's hope for the other three.

(Of the remaining eggs, 2 homegrown celadon and one speckled homegrown are clear. 14 total eggs are still hopefuls.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom