➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Hopefully they’ll be back to normal in a couple weeks.....time changes then too so days are starting to get longer!!!
Past the equinox, so the light is getting better. I like feeding the chickens and quail in the light. The time change puts me back to stumbling around in the dark. The things we do for our birds.

Does help when collecting eggs and I have to run to town for whatever reason.

Hello. quick question here for all you wise quail folk:) Is there a breed of quail that’s pretty widely regarded as being the friendliest ? Alternatively i’ve seen that California quail are not the most personable. TIA!
Coturnix quail are the ones that have been domesticated the longest. My experience is with coturnix and button quail, and of the two, coturnix are much friendlier.

Coturnix quail are the ones that have been domesticated the longest. My experience is with coturnix and button quail, and of the two, coturnix are much friendlier.
Okay thank you that makes sense. I’m assuming like any other animal handling them from a young age makes a difference In how friendly they are? Are the hormonal males aggressive ? (I’ve seen them, they aren’t the most intimidating creatures haha)

Okay thank you that makes sense. I’m assuming like any other animal handling them from a young age makes a difference In how friendly they are? Are the hormonal males aggressive ? (I’ve seen them, they aren’t the most intimidating creatures haha)
Males are definitely more aggressive, but while that may make them difficult to keep with other birds, it actually can make them a better pet because they are less likely to be afraid of you. That's been my experience with prey animal pets, at least.

The younger they are when you start handling them, the tamer and more friendly they'll be.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210301-200032_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210301-200032_Samsung Internet.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 4
A bit off topic, but the delivery for my christmas gift from my son finally arrived .
He told me, that it was a foreign country order and delivery was anounced much earlier 🙈 ...
... I am so happy with it and so proud of my son for the idea ... so I need to share it:

20210302_124707.jpg

:wee
It is a metal poster 40x30 cm.

Need to find the perfect spot !!!

Back
Top Bottom