⭐ Happy Go Texan Day.

muddy75

23 days til Spring!! 🌸 and til a new title! 🤣
Premium Feather Member
Aug 17, 2018
southern indiana
My Coop
My Coop
I'm planning on having tilapia in my pond. I've done some research, and they don't take huge amounts of space. With the greenhouse full of garden, the quail, and the tilapia, I may be broke, but I won't starve.
you may also want to consider at least a few cornish cross.....they are extremely quiet, content in a tractor setting and very high yield compared to quail. I’m planning to do at least another dozen this year around my bunny grow-outs and with my turkeys. I haven’t made a decision on dux yet.

EverythingDucks

Ok 🙂
Premium Feather Member
May 7, 2020
Georgia

CSAchook

Enabler
Aug 21, 2017
New Mexico

CSAchook

Enabler
Aug 21, 2017
New Mexico
Sorry, not happening. :gigIn my house, the only animal that gets the full nutter treatment is Tad the bearded dragon.
Also, Niven might be a girl. Which is not at all surprising given my pathetic inability to accurately guess the sex of animals. Hence why my majestic female beardie is named Tad and almost every cockerel I have ever owned initially had a girl name :lol:

EverythingDucks

Ok 🙂
Premium Feather Member
May 7, 2020
Georgia
Also, Niven might be a girl. Which is not at all surprising given my pathetic inability to accurately guess the sex of animals. Hence why my majestic female beardie is named Tad and almost every cockerel I have ever owned initially had a girl name :lol:
Have you had the vet sex check?
I think you said you we're going to get him fixed soon

EverythingDucks

Ok 🙂
Premium Feather Member
May 7, 2020
Georgia
Yeah that’d be shocking if he goes in for a simple neuter and then “WHOOPS! He’s actually a girl and now it’s a lot more complicated and expensive!” :lau :oops:
Right?!
I heard that a rabbit had actually been neutered but they didn't realize until after that she was female. I have no idea how a vet couldn't tell the difference, especially once they started the procedure :th

Nabiki

Quail Geek
Premium Feather Member
May 15, 2019
Sonoma County, CA
you may also want to consider at least a few cornish cross.....they are extremely quiet, content in a tractor setting and very high yield compared to quail. I’m planning to do at least another dozen this year around my bunny grow-outs and with my turkeys. I haven’t made a decision on dux yet.
I'm good with quail. I only have half an acre, and I plan on planting fruit trees and having plants that are happy in the climate there. I already have an apple tree there, and I want fuyu and hachiya persimmons, pear, Asian pear, and hazelnuts too.

I'm researching a bit on dwarf goats, but I'm kind of thinking I'm not going to get them, or at least not soon.

Top Bottom