⭐ Kiki's Year Long 🌶️

We cheated just to get it done.
PXL_20210118_224958514.jpg
PXL_20210118_224954025.jpg

Is that unusually warm for you? I'd be happy to give you 10-20 degrees.
Not really, we went through our January thaw last week with the temp getting as high as 49°F. It was followed by a near zero night. Right now it is 25°F and dropping. It has been spitting snowflakes all day and there is finally 1/8" of accumulated white stuff.

The January and February thaws typically followed by sub zero temps are what makes it so hard to grow trees here.

That's what stud finders are for.
I dug two out of the garage and used them both to make sure I found a stud.
There is only one stud in this area which doesn't seem right.

I was going to move one of the brackets over to where the stud was but I think my way will work.

I dug two out of the garage and used them both to make sure I found a stud.
There is only one stud in this area which doesn't seem right.

I was going to move one of the brackets over to where the stud was but I think my way will work.
The studs should be 16" on center. In places where the building code allows it, they can be 24" on center. There should be a stud in the corner but it may not be reachable.

When I was playing carpenter, if we knew where certain things were going to be hung, we would put backing boards between the studs.

The studs should be 16" on center. In places where the building code allows it, they can be 24" on center. There should be a stud in the corner but it may not be reachable.

When I was playing carpenter, if we knew where certain things were going to be hung, we would put backing boards between the studs.
This house is old.
And probably not correct.

Back
Top Bottom