⭐ Kiki's Year Long 🌶️

Screw a screw in the anchor just a couple turns and u should be able to pull it out
Don't screw it far itll expand the anchor and won't come out by design
Should I just leave them in and make new holes next to it?
But then I'd have to move the shelf over an inch and I don't want to because I want it touching the other wall.

Or I could just move both brackets on the wood and make sure that one is on the stud to start...but then the brackets will both be more towards the middle of the shelf and not the ends.
This shouldn't matter too much, right?
The brackets don't have to be even or do they?

Should I just leave them in and make new holes next to it?
But then I'd have to move the shelf over an inch and I don't want to because I want it touching the other wall.

Or I could just move both brackets on the wood and make sure that one is on the stud to start...but then the brackets will both be more towards the middle of the shelf and not the ends.
This shouldn't matter too much, right?
The brackets don't have to be even or do they?
If you are going to move the brackets to the studs, they don't have to be evenly spaced under the shelf but you do need to secure the shelf to the brackets so that putting something heavy on one side of the shelf does not cause it to tip.

If you are going to change them out for toggle bolts, you can either pull them out or push them in because the toggle bolts will require a bigger hole to get the toggle through the plaster board.

If you are going to move the brackets to the studs, they don't have to be evenly spaced under the shelf but you do need to secure the shelf to the brackets so that putting something heavy on one side of the shelf does not cause it to tip.

If you are going to change them out for toggle bolts, you can either pull them out or push them in because the toggle bolts will require a bigger hole to get the toggle through the plaster board.
I do have the shelf screwed to both brackets and the hinge.
I think I'm going to just leave it. It feels tight and it's not going to really ever be used. It's holding the crap that's it's going to hold and that's it.

The next shelf will be used more.

That is what she used. @sdm111 explained why that is a bad idea for supporting a shelf.
I meant the more sturdy ones like the one I circled in this screenshot. I can never get the toggle bolts to work for me.

Attachments

• 988DF50B-5769-403C-9A86-0A484CB13163.jpeg
    988DF50B-5769-403C-9A86-0A484CB13163.jpeg
    658.8 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom