🎄Christmas🎄 Hatch-Along

Pics

ForTheLoveOfSilkies

Free Ranging
Aug 18, 2019
Australia
🎄:jumpyI couldn't find a Christmas Hatch-Along to join so I'll just start one here!

If anyone is hatching around Christmas time feel free to join in, I do love pics!! Set date for chickens is about now! :wee

My 9.5 year old Silkie went broody yesterday as I expected. She lays 12 eggs then goes broody like clockwork 😄 So today I'll set her eggs underneath her and hope they're fertile! Her name is 'Queen' Chickaletta. She is outlasting any chicken I've owned and still laying and still healthy as always nothing ever wrong with her, never been sick, nothing! She is picky with which roosters she likes so she may not have fertile eggs 🙁 Biscuit my rooster is a good boy and dances around her but I haven't seen the deed done but maybe hopefully in secret! ..I will put some of Boofs eggs under Chickaletta too because I know they are fertile so at least she'll have some hatchlings if her's don't hatch.
It will be fun to see what colours pop out with the white hens and Biscuit. Never know what's hiding under a white!

Pic Chickaletta and Biscuit..
IMG_20211128_102950.jpg

I set 12 eggs under Chickaletta now.. she has a very dirty crest from foraging in the rain we just had, she normally has herself looking immaculate 😅
If none of hers are fertile then 6 should hatch out of 12 as I've put 6 of Boofs eggs under her and 6 of her own.
View attachment 2916887
I will be lurking around. If everything works out, I may be able to do a hatch soon, but probably not this year. But, I love to see hatches! :love

Back
Top Bottom