🔥☣🏒The Sin Bin🏒☣🔥

CluckNDoodle

Hatchaholic
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Jan 12, 2019
Georgia
Is there a secret to roasting these things?
I had some in elementary school and there were great. Every time I make them though, they are terrible!
Not crunchy, but chewy and blech
I just rinse them thoroughly, spread them out evenly on the cookie sheet, sprinkle with salt and bake them until they're done. I do take them out and toss them at least once.

CluckNDoodle

Hatchaholic
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Jan 12, 2019
Georgia
Whats the time frame and temp?
Although honestly the girls gocrazy for squash innards, i may not even get the chance to roast any. :lau
I give the guts to the girls but they don't get many of my seeds, they're my favorite. Lol
I don't have a clue how long I roast them. I've never timed it. I set the oven to 350F, I put the tray in there, I don't even wait for it to preheat, lol, when I toss them when they don't look shiny wet anymore and then I take them out when they're lightly browned. Time will vary based on how many you have in there anyway but if yours were chewy they probably just needed a bit longer in the oven.

room onthebroom

Animal-a-holic
Premium Feather Member
May 4, 2015
100 Acre Wood Pooh Corner, USA
Is there a secret to roasting these things?
I had some in elementary school and there were great. Every time I make them though, they are terrible!
Not crunchy, but chewy and blech
I like to dry mine out all day on a towel before I cook them. Make sure they dry and bake in a single layer. Once they’re dry I toss them in a little oil & add spices (one batch just salt and pepper & another garlic & cayenne) then bake till brown. I flip them once or twice while baking.

Pork Pie

Flockwit
Premium Feather Member
Jan 30, 2015
I like to dry mine out all day on a towel before I cook them. Make sure they dry and bake in a single layer. Once they’re dry I toss them in a little oil & add spices (one batch just salt and pepper & another garlic & cayenne) then bake till brown. I flip them once or twice while baking.
Very disappointing to learn you’re a flipper, not a tosser :hit

Last edited:

Top Bottom