🔥☣️🏒The Sin Bin🏒☣️🔥

https://www.businesswritingblog.com...-rules-of-etiquette-for-blogs-and-forums.html
Ten Rules of Etiquette for Blogs and Forums
By
Business Writing Blog
If you are reading these words, you probably participate in blogs and forums. Based on my experiences (both positive and awkward), I suggest these 10 rules of etiquette for public postings. Please add your guidelines!
Note: As usual, I am thinking of business writing.
  1. Never shame anyone who participates in the blog or forum. No name-calling or sarcasm.
  2. Be extremely cautious about shaming people outside the blog or forum. It's bad karma to go negative on individuals.
  3. If you ask a question on a forum, say thank you for the answers you get from others. And not just "thank you"–dress up the words with some details. Example: "Thanks for sharing your terrific ideas on my marketing postcard! As usual, you thought of something I had never considered."
  4. If you want to ask questions on a blog or forum, participate actively. Give to others–don't just show up to take.
  5. Remember that your comments are written, and follow the rules of writing. Use standard grammar, punctuation, and usage. It takes only a moment to capitalize your name and the first word in a sentence.
  6. Don't give unsolicited advice to individuals, or you will come across as a parent or know-it-all. If people ask for advice, give it if you can.
  7. Don't comment in anger. You will not be angry tomorrow, yet your comment will display your old anger indefinitely.
  8. Forgive people's off-moments. If they come across oddly or ignorantly, brush it off. Perhaps tonight they will get enough sleep, and tomorrow they will be brilliant and clever again.
  9. If you actively participate in a blog or forum, let people know when you will be away. With that information, they won't worry about you or ask for your comments when you are unavailable.
  10. Be human. Let people get to know you. Don't hide behind a screen name. Assume that you are communicating with human beings who are as wonderful as you, perhaps more so.

https://www.businesswritingblog.com...-rules-of-etiquette-for-blogs-and-forums.html
Ten Rules of Etiquette for Blogs and Forums
By
Business Writing Blog
If you are reading these words, you probably participate in blogs and forums. Based on my experiences (both positive and awkward), I suggest these 10 rules of etiquette for public postings. Please add your guidelines!
Note: As usual, I am thinking of business writing.
  1. Never shame anyone who participates in the blog or forum. No name-calling or sarcasm.
  2. Be extremely cautious about shaming people outside the blog or forum. It's bad karma to go negative on individuals.
  3. If you ask a question on a forum, say thank you for the answers you get from others. And not just "thank you"–dress up the words with some details. Example: "Thanks for sharing your terrific ideas on my marketing postcard! As usual, you thought of something I had never considered."
  4. If you want to ask questions on a blog or forum, participate actively. Give to others–don't just show up to take.
  5. Remember that your comments are written, and follow the rules of writing. Use standard grammar, punctuation, and usage. It takes only a moment to capitalize your name and the first word in a sentence.
  6. Don't give unsolicited advice to individuals, or you will come across as a parent or know-it-all. If people ask for advice, give it if you can.
  7. Don't comment in anger. You will not be angry tomorrow, yet your comment will display your old anger indefinitely.
  8. Forgive people's off-moments. If they come across oddly or ignorantly, brush it off. Perhaps tonight they will get enough sleep, and tomorrow they will be brilliant and clever again.
  9. If you actively participate in a blog or forum, let people know when you will be away. With that information, they won't worry about you or ask for your comments when you are unavailable.
  10. Be human. Let people get to know you. Don't hide behind a screen name. Assume that you are communicating with human beings who are as wonderful as you, perhaps more so.
Sarcasm is out :eek: Next will be irony:th

Back
Top Bottom