$0.50 ea asst bantams at TSC. 2 frizzles!

averytds

Songster
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
KS
I was at the TSC on E Kellogg in Wichita yesterday. Of course I looked at the day old babies, but I stayed strong and resisted the urge. On my way back out, I saw some more tanks off to another side, 1 with a big orange sale sticker. $0.50 for asst bantams.

I did resist, but it was difficult. Older chicks, probably about 4wks. And to my surprise 2 frizzles. They were much harder to resist. If it hadn't been so cold out and if I hadn't been in from out of town, they would have gone home with me.

I've never seen chicks clearanced out before. Doesn't ever happen where I live. And I've never seen frizzled chicks outside of pics here. Our feed store only gets the basics. RIRs, BRs, etc. Last year they took a big step and had some EEs. This TSC even had polish bantams. Another one I've only seen in pics.

Now I'm jealous of those with larger towns and stores. Told DH maybe we should move.
big_smile.png

Ours clearance out the chicks a lot, they get more in every thursday so they have to move the older ones. FRIZZLES!!! and you resisted! OMG
th.gif
How ever did you resist!

We got ducklings last week for $1.00 each what a neat bonus. ended up with 40 total!
celebrate.gif

It was freezing outside. Very windy and light snow. I was just in town for the weekend and trying to cram lots of shopping into that one day. Plus I just bought a dozen silkie eggs from sassy silkies. So concerns for their health and knowing I would have new babies soon were really the only things that stopped me. But it was VERY difficult.

Our farm store usually sells out in 2-3 days. Later in the season when the weather is better, I may have to go back to Wichita and start trolling the TSC stores. I don't mind paying the full price, I was just surprised at the clearance and variety. I really wanted the little gold feather footed one.

My TSC gets about 10 baby rabbits 2 weeks before Easter and that's it for live animals. And none of our other feed stores carry anything more exotic than RIR, BR, ameracauna, and production hens. BOOORING!!!!! But I'm moving soon so maybe it'll be better there.....

I got a red frizzled roo from TSC, had no idea what it was when I bought it and I was confused at first when it started to get curled up wing feathers a week later
lol.png
He actually belongs to my MIL, but I may smuggle him back here if I can get away with it!

Back
Top Bottom