0- for...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by leonphelps, Sep 21, 2011.

1. leonphelps

leonphelps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Bucks County PA
    Hello,

My guineas started laying eggs on the 15th of last month. I had no luck candling. I had LED's and spotlights shining through roughly 30 eggs. I could see nothing of use.

I had my incubator on 99 degrees and had the water compartments full. I would add room temp water as needed.

Now that I am way past, I started cracking eggs. None seemed fertilized and some were completely dried out. There were 3 or 4 eggs with two yolks that were wet and did not look fertilized.

I have stopped putting the eggs in the incubator around the 1st of this month and let mother nature run her course to see if my hens would have their own babies. No peeps yet.

Since I raised these from peeps, anyone think I did something wrong or this is just wild birds learning what they are doing?

I have 13 guineas. Never counted males/females, but from the squawks sounds like plenty of both.

Thanks for any guesses. I am stumped.

2. shelby528

shelby528 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Ontario
    Quote:Are you sure you have males? Sounds like there either not getting the job done or you have no males..Keep at it..dont be discouraged [​IMG]

3. leonphelps

leonphelps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Bucks County PA
    yes I sure have males. you can hear the squawks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by