1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

0% hatch rate

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by thara, Nov 7, 2016.

1. thara

thara New Egg

Nov 7, 2016
    Hello everyone!
    I am from New Zealand. My first post here.

I bought one of those Chinese 48 eggs automatic incubator, and placed chicken eggs bought from seller. I collected the eggs in person. It’s on day 26 and nothing hatched out of 46 eggs. Before placing the eggs, checked the incubator if it’s temp & humidity reading is right, by placing a thermometer/hygrometer inside and the reading showed nearly the same in both. The temp remained almost constant at 38 deg, and the humidity was 60-65. The automatic turner did its job every 2 hours. Tried to bring down the humidity by adding, removing water, but it stayed the same. During night time It read around 55 and daytime around 60-65. I am aware the hatch rate of these incubators are not great compared to Brinsea or Rcom, but went for this as per situation.
    I am not sure what went wrong. The temp and humidity plunges when opening up the incubator but it comes up quickly once the incubator is closed. I had moved the eggs to the hatching tray on day 18. Is there anything that could have gone wrong. I am very much disappointed.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  2. chickmama22

chickmama22 Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2016
    King, NC
    Following this! Using the Chinese incubator on my pekin duck eggs. Currently day 26. Great movement inside the eggs so far but no pips. Hold out with hope!

3. janelikesburds

janelikesburds Just Hatched

Nov 6, 2016
    Have you candled them? Were they developing? Can you still see movements?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by