0 out of 6 hatches :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kellyatric, Aug 12, 2011.

1. kellyatric

kellyatric Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2011
    England
    Well time to give up on the hatches I think - day 31 and there is still no sign of the ducklings. Really sad about it really because this was my first hatch, everything looked fine i.e. humidity, temp, turning. Time to throw in the towel for these little ones. Whether to try again or not I don't know [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

So sorry [​IMG] it is really worth giving it another try [​IMG]

3. brandoncakes

brandoncakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Kailua, HI
    Aww I'm sorry! Agree, don't give up tho. What kind of incubator did you use?

4. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    Awww don't give up! They always say that the first time you try hatching you usually don't get much. Mostly because you have to learn how your incubator acts.

5. thatduckguyy

thatduckguyy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    very sorry [​IMG]
    this is my first htach too, I hope all goes well. dont give up though!

6. kellyatric

kellyatric Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2011
    England
    Quote:I'm using a little covatutto incubator, unfortunatley I haven't seen anyone else on here saying they have this one. I wasn't really expensive cus this was my first hatch and wanted to see how it went first. Maybe I should have spent more money but then again I never had a problem with temp or humidity.

7. wychickenwrangler

wychickenwrangler Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    Northeast Wyoming
    So sorry [​IMG] Don't give up though !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just think of it this way.................... The Wright Brothers weren't successful their first time either, & imagine where we would be today if they had given up. Hang in there & never give up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by