'09 garden kinda late

DLS

Songster
11 Years
Mar 15, 2008
100 miles SOUTH of Atlanta
This is the latest garden i have ever planted. the tractor even in 4 wheel drive could not till the field. it was so muddy.i got maybe 2 acres tilled up in different spots + a few smaller strips. & had to leave the soupy ground go. I planted 1, 50 lb bag of field corn. thats a lot of corn I put the corn in even other spots that I usully don't use but want corn to make flower ect. I put in 2 50 yard rows of squash. I put in 2 ea 100 ft rows of cucumbers, I put in watermelons & cantalopes --I also planted 72 tomatoe plants-- I still have dipper goard seeds and okra to plant

I did but the chickens ate it all about 2 weeks ago. I'm still replanting.
somad.gif

The weather really seemed to be against us this year. I have been tilling a little at a time. I finally got about half mine planted and at times I was transplanting up to my ankles in muck...

I just hope it grows.
he.gif

Last edited:
Well! I am very glad to see i'm not alone! In northern North Carolina I'm wondering what I can plant at this stage of the game. I know we can do corn still...But GOSH, I want more than just CORN! It seems like every time it gets jussst about ready to dry out where we can get in there...we get another rain. Any suggestions for late May vegies in Pilot Mountain?
eta: BTW your avatar freaked me out for a minute! How do you get an avatar to work animated?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom