1 1/2 horses and 3 labradors

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Fuffy, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Fuffy

Fuffy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Jersey, GB

[​IMG]

Nova is the big mare, and Hairy is the mini shetland (1/2 a horse)

[​IMG]

Santa is black, Honey is blonde and Pippin is chocolate
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  2. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Beautiful!! Hairy looks like my first pony .. I paid 20.00 for her at a garage sale when I was like 14 years old .. lol. Her name was Bambi.

3. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    [​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    That shetland is so pretty! [​IMG]
    How is he on temperament? I was thinking of getting a pony for my son, but I've heard a lot of bad things about shetlands.

5. annanicole18

annanicole18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    USA
    i love your dogs!! after we got our first lab mix that is solid black i told my hubby i wanted all three colors he laughed and said no. now i have a brown and white mixed breed pup so i got close enough

6. Fuffy

Fuffy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Jersey, GB
    [​IMG] Thank you all for your kind words!!! [​IMG]

Small Hairy is a good boy: I got him as a rescue case when he was 3, nearly 2 yrs ago. He had only EVER done one thing: come up to people and get fed. The result was that he had learned to nip ALL the time.
    Now he is much better: He has lost 81/2stone (119 pounds)!!!! He is quite fit and he knows he shld not use his teeth, but I still have to watch him - I wld not like to leave him alone with children. He has also learned that it is possible to stand on 3 feet and let Mother pick out the other one (his toes were curled when he came)!!!
    I have done a lot of work with him, and he has been perfect, all it has taken was a little tact. He has learned about tack, rugs, bridles, headcollars and his muzzle. At the moment the plan is to get him to pull the harrow round for me. Maybe even get him doing ppls sandschools for gain...
    My friend has also been doing a little Parelli work with him and he has been great: He loves to play ball with you.
    It is very easy to forget that he is a real horse, because you are bigger than him and you CAN bully him, and that is when things are likely to go wrong.
    I have found him an intelligent and amenable little person, and would have another one at the drop of a hat. I think he would make a fantastic kids pony in a knowledgeable home. He loves people and he loves to jump too. The only other thing is that they are prone to laminitis, but so long as you know how to manage him he is fine!
    Hope that answers all the questions xxx:D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by