1 1/2 yr old.rouen drake not waterproof?

Here is a few pictures of him..

Will post more pics in a couple of days when he gets more of that filth off him. Right now he is so filthy its crazy. I had 6 ducks before i got him (7 now) and i have never seen a duck that was that filthy. Poor thing. He is gonna love it at my house though because i tend to spoil my duck flock.

Here is a few pictures of him..

Will post more pics in a couple of days when he gets more of that filth off him. Right now he is so filthy its crazy. I had 6 ducks before i got him (7 now) and i have never seen a duck that was that filthy. Poor thing. He is gonna love it at my house though because i tend to spoil my duck flock.
even with the mud he is pretty :) i've never seen one quite that muddy before either...he sure looks happy in that water.
haha, i spoil mine too...the chickens i keep (all but the bantams, i spoil them a bit) for eggs and meat, but the ducks are really more like pets with the bonus of the best eggs in the world :)

That was filth and poop on him not mud. He was in really horrid conditions. I got him from someone selling ducks on craigslist. I truly never seen anything like this place. Looked like a episode of hoarders. I feel so bad
for all the animals there.

He's definitely loving his new home and already pretty friendly toward me. I think he is just so happy to finally have light (& daylight), food,fresh clean water,and someone who actully care for him. For now he is quartine from all my ducks but can't wait for them to finally meet.

ew, bet he smells nice (sarcasm). poor guy...thats how i got mine too...their were almost a hundred chicken eggs filling the nest boxes and floor (mixed with the poop). It is so angering when people get animals and don't take care of them properly.

ew, bet he smells nice (sarcasm). poor guy...thats how i got mine too...their were almost a hundred chicken eggs filling the nest boxes and floor (mixed with the poop). It is so angering when people get animals and don't take care of them properly. 

i agree!!! Yeah the smell went down some with his first bath tomorrow hopefully will be even better. I just feel so bad for the ducks etc that was still there.
But at least i saved him!!! Now trying to give him a name. I like duncan, and lucky..but still thinking.

i agree!!! Yeah the smell went down some with his first bath tomorrow hopefully will be even better. I just feel so bad for the ducks etc that was still there.
But at least i saved him!!! Now trying to give him a name. I like duncan, and lucky..but still thinking.
bet he's super happy you saved him! :) I like lucky...he is super lucky you saved him :) When i was 10 i had a pair of rouens and my drake was named reepicheep (from narnia) his mate was named pascal (from tangled). You can tell what movies i liked at the time, lol :)

Back
Top Bottom