1.5 month chick with crooked middle toes?

flipflops

Chirping
Jun 19, 2017
I have a 1.5 month old pullet australorp who i just noticed tonight has suddlenly developed crooked middle toes. Its like at a bend they are just crooked to the side. She runs and walks fine even tries to perch on things. She is in with 3 other pullets all the same age still being raised inside until i finish an additional run. All the others are fine. I am very alarmed by this! What do I do or do i just let her be? Will this go away to permanent?

I have a 1.5 month old pullet australorp who i just noticed tonight has suddlenly developed crooked middle toes. Its like at a bend they are just crooked to the side. She runs and walks fine even tries to perch on things. She is in with 3 other pullets all the same age still being raised inside until i finish an additional run. All the others are fine. I am very alarmed by this! What do I do or do i just let her be? Will this go away to permanent?
Some pics will help the experts help you best(sorry, I'm not one) best of luck with your girl:love

Have you changed the bloodline? Or are these store bought? Because inbreeding can cause problems in feet, I had a rooster from a really inbred line, and it had 8 toes on one foot. As for the toes themselves, I would leave them, unless they become a noticeable cause of pain, or become much worse. Pictures would definitely help though. Chickens are very hardy birds, a rooster of mine broke a toe in transit, and we were unable to fix them, it walks just fine, and perches well. Good luck! :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom