1.5 month old won't stop squealing...

nateritz

Hatching
9 Years
Feb 22, 2010
Hi there, we have 11 new ladies (hopefully), from 1.5- 2 months old. For the last week, one "lady" has been letting out a squeal, (or loud chirp) oh, about every 20-30 seconds, including through the night. No clue what that means, but it is acting normal, eating, drinking, running around like the others. Could this be a sign of a rooster testing out its vocal chords? Or is it something like hiccups?

Very confused... and any help would be appreciated.

If you can post a photo of s/he we might be able to tell if it is male or female. Also what Breed of pullets are they?
it may be that s/he is testing out their voice, but I have never seen them go day and night none stop. Have you checked to make she it is Pooping ok? With 11 of them, it may me hard for you to tell who is pooping where. Have you checked her Bottom? to see if s/he is constipated? It is it bleeding, sore, bulging or Hard?
If s/he is going none stop , they may be not feeling well, or may just be not sure to their surrounds (or getting picked on by the others).
Please try to post photo (comb, side view and tail view) and give a little more info... Hopefully we can help you out better then
hugs.gif

The younger ones are really loud when they're cold. Other than the above and the cold, I have no more ideas.

Thanks for the replies. I'll take a picture as soon as I can. Stay tuned, and I appreciate the help. It's a mystery to me I'd like to solve....

Ok, so here is a photo and a video. The video shows the chicken looking like it's choking a bit, and then letting out a shrill cry... the thing is she is acting normal, eating, pooping, doesn't seem to be in pain...

any thoughts?

It looks and sounds like it's having pains or something. Have you checked down it's throat, felt the crop area? Has it always done this or did it just start recently? Check that thing over really, really, closely. Look for any injury all over it's body.

Back
Top Bottom