1.5 week Lavender & Split Lavs

chicken stalker

TOS Rocks!
Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Here are my Lavender and Split Lavs babies that hatched 1.5 weeks ago. Any ideas? I think I have 2 lav roos (the little one in the front paniced and scuffed up its little comb) and 1 split lav roo (one is doesn't have tail feathers yet). I know its pretty early to tell just wanted to post pics
big_smile.png

IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3261.jpg

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

with my own experience with these I say there is no way to tell. I couldn't tell my own because I swore my pullet was a cockeral because of the size of the comb.....but at 6 months old she still has no sickle feathers like the 2 roos. Good luck, hope you have a few pullets
wink.png

OMGosh! Soooo cute!

You know, the one on the far right in the first pic has a more upright stance like a roo would, but they're so young. It's just too soon to tell by the comb and hackle feathers just yet, but boy, does he look like the one in charge, lol! Give it a few weeks and post pics again. I can't wait to see how they look then. Is this your breeding? I hope to have some Lavenders one day too.

Quote:
I agree. The one on the right I had already pegged as a roo...he's much bigger than the others. In the second picture the second on the right I believe is also a roo....second biggest. They are almost double the size of the other two.

They are from Harry Shaffer...I am going to start breeding them and hopefully (with the help of some wheatens) produce a Lavender Wheaten line.
big_smile.png

I agree. The one on the right I had already pegged as a roo...he's much bigger than the others. In the second picture the second on the right I believe is also a roo....second biggest.

Yep, sure looks like it. I've had a few Ameraucanas fool me before though. I have a pretty white male now to prove it, lol! Want him??????? Lol!​

Last edited:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to young! Or at least I could never tell at that age.
hu.gif
They're very pretty though! What breed?
smile.png

Oh, Ameraucana, ok, never mind.

Last edited:
chicken stalker ;p :

Quote:
I agree. The one on the right I had already pegged as a roo...he's much bigger than the others. In the second picture the second on the right I believe is also a roo....second biggest. They are almost double the size of the other two.

They are from Harry Shaffer...I am going to start breeding them and hopefully (with the help of some wheatens) produce a Lavender Wheaten line.
big_smile.png

your F1 will be all black (I was checking this cross out too since I have both colors). Your F2(if you breed F1xF1) has a beautiful lavender patterned isabel wheaten(that's what the genetic calculator calls it)as a possibility, I think it's beautiful
love.gif

good luck
thumbsup.gif

Your F2(if you breed F1xF1) has a beautiful lavender patterned isabel wheaten(that's what the genetic calculator calls it)as a possibility, I think it's beautiful

Anyone have a photo of that? It sounds gorgeous!​

Quote:

big_smile.png

your F1 will be all black (I was checking this cross out too since I have both colors). Your F2(if you breed F1xF1) has a beautiful lavender patterned isabel wheaten(that's what the genetic calculator calls it)as a possibility, I think it's beautiful
love.gif

good luck
thumbsup.gif

Yes, aren't they gorgous!! He is a link to one that I found in the UK. Lavender Wheaten Roo (UK)

Back
Top Bottom