1.5 week old Chick runny poop

Riv-6

Free Ranging
Mar 19, 2020
SW Montana
Hi,

I have 1.5 week old chicks (2 weeks tuesday) I just noticed yesterday that there was runny poop in the brooder. Everyone has been pooping normally up until yesterday.

I am not 100% sure who it is but one of my EE pooped this morning and it was semi runny (picture attached). The other I have been seeing is straight runny liquid.

They are on medicated chick starter. They have been outside twice for no more than 5 min each time. Everyone is happy, running around and eating and drinking well. No one acts sick. Brooder temp is 90 under the plate. 75-80 else where. Is there something I can treat them all with to help the runny poop? Concerns me a bit considering everyone's poop was normal a couple days ago.

Attachments

• 20200605_082102.jpg
    20200605_082102.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 15
That looks normal, chicks have regular poops every 10 minutes, then (I don't know the scientific terms, sorry) I believe the inside of their organs flushes out the smelly, light brown poop, it is healthy and perfectly normal. However, if every chick poop is runny like that, I would free raw oats, scrambled eggs, and apple cider vinager. (Apple cider vinager in the water)

Hi,

I have 1.5 week old chicks (2 weeks tuesday) I just noticed yesterday that there was runny poop in the brooder. Everyone has been pooping normally up until yesterday.

I am not 100% sure who it is but one of my EE pooped this morning and it was semi runny (picture attached). The other I have been seeing is straight runny liquid.

They are on medicated chick starter. They have been outside twice for no more than 5 min each time. Everyone is happy, running around and eating and drinking well. No one acts sick. Brooder temp is 90 under the plate. 75-80 else where. Is there something I can treat them all with to help the runny poop? Concerns me a bit considering everyone's poop was normal a couple days ago.
I had a chick who pooped runny poop and she pooped like that for the first coupe of weeks, she is also a EE and day she pooped pure liquid and no poop, she is fine now and poops great poops!

I had a chick who pooped runny poop and she pooped like that for the first coupe of weeks, she is also a EE and day she pooped pure liquid and no poop, she is fine now and poops great poops!

Okay thank you! The pciute isn't the runny poop I keep seeing but that was from my EE this morning that I'm suspecting has the really runny poop. I will just keep an eye on them!

That looks normal, chicks have regular poops every 10 minutes, then (I don't know the scientific terms, sorry) I believe the inside of their organs flushes out the smelly, light brown poop, it is healthy and perfectly normal. However, if every chick poop is runny like that, I would free raw oats, scrambled eggs, and apple cider vinager. (Apple cider vinager in the water)

Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom