#1 - American Game or Dutch? #2 - Dutch or ??? #3 - Cochin

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Cambium29, May 15, 2011.

1. Cambium29

Cambium29 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2011
    Anyone want to guess at these bantams now that they are a little older and more defined? They are about 10 weeks old.

#1 - BBQ:
    - slender body
    - long, upright tail, all black
    - rusty chest, gold patterned neck, black and tan patterned wings and back
    - single comb
    - blue legs
    - very bold, outgoing personality (honestly thought she was a roo for a while)

I'm torn between either an American Game or Dutch but maybe someone else can clarify or even offer yet a third option.

[​IMG]

#2 - Sweet n' Sour:
    - slender body
    - long tail, but carried in line with her body
    - long wings that angle downward
    - all buff with a bit of black on her wings and tail
    - green legs
    - looks like a rose comb starting
    - a shy, but personable demeanor

I thought she might be a Blacktail Buff Dutch, but the rose comb threw me. Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

#3 - Honey Mustard:

She's a cochin, for sure. I just had to include her picture so she doesn't think I'm slighting her.

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Where did you get them? That always helps determine what they are..... I believe it is a Black Breasted Red Phoenix bantam judging by the white earlobe and loose feathering. For the second it is a RC Nankin, not a SQ bird but very cute.

3. Cambium29

Cambium29 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2011
    Another note: I got them as chicks from a feed store in Altus, OK. They were in a bin labeled "Assorted Bantams" and the clerk wasn't sure of breeds.

Thanks.

4. sunket77

sunket77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Texas Hill Country!
    I agree that third one is a nankin...look at the legs, if there is a pink stripe you got a GOOD looking nankin ....very lucky [​IMG] I'm jealous! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by