#1 chick...what color? #2 chick...what breed?

ESofVA

Songster
10 Years
May 4, 2012
Keller, VA
I just added some more pictures...pls check page two.

Can anyone tell me what color this is in this messy looking chick? It is not dirty, it just always looks dirty and ruffled.
Chick #2...has a long neck and legs. The neck and head are a rich auburn-brown in color. Does anyone know what breed?

CHICK #1

CHICK #2

Last edited:
Don't think so. I have 2 and they look nothing like that. My other two, which is how many I am supposed to have, have nice, noticeable cheek feathers, and their necks are not nearly as long as the 2nd chick. These don't appear to have cheek feathers at all...I do know that Amer, sometimes do not.
Deb

1 looks like it might have some wheaten and some blue in it possibly other colors 2nd looks like ideals hatchery stock malay's and i mean exactly like them to a tee and if thats the case then its a brown red

Last edited:
The second chick looks like my partridge rocks did as chicks. If it has a straight comb that's probably what it is. Feathers will come in barred, then penciled later in adolescence. They're gorgeous ladies.

my parents got 5 from ideal hatchery 3 look like that one and 2 are different in color :-/ not expecting greatness from a hatchery though lol they werent to to happy about the color difference but oh well what else to expect from a hatchery?!?

the 2nd chick has feet that are actually a gold color and looks like the tops have had a newspaper wiped across the top!

Why do the feathers on chick #1 always look so sloppy? S/he looks like a bad hair day, every day. None of my others look like that!

Back
Top Bottom