1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

1 chicken, 3 eggs in one day

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by WagonBrooder, Dec 16, 2009.

1. WagonBrooder

WagonBrooder Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2009
    Nashville
    So I have three hens. All are around 6 months old. 2 barred rocks 1 easter egger. The barred rocks aren't laying yet. The EE has been laying for about 2 weeks. Twice she has skipped a day and then layed 2 eggs the next day, but this week she skipped 3 days and today she layed 1 egg in the morning and 2 in the afternoon, all hard shelled medium size blue green eggs. She seems pretty healthy, clean fluffy feathers around her vent & no discharge. She does look a lot smaller today than she did yesterday, but She is her usual perky self. Should I be worried?

2. TDB

TDB Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2009
    No she may do this for a while but she should eventually stop and go to one egg a day

3. DonnaBelle

DonnaBelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    McIntosh County, OK
    Quick!!! Send me that chicken before something bad happens.

I will take care of her and her obsessive laying problems.

DonnaBelle

4. WagonBrooder

WagonBrooder Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2009
    Nashville
    Lol DonnaBelle...I'll quit worrying & move this over to the EE braggers thread [​IMG] One of my barred rocks was squatting all day today and barking like a poodle so I will probably have eggs out the wazoo soon. I was going to get 2 more hens for my little hen house, but I think 3 is going to be plenty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by