1 chicken dead, another sick!

Kjordanov

Songster
7 Years
Jul 19, 2012
NW
So I woke up this morning and found one of my chickens dead (just under a year old-already been laying for a couple months). This afternoon I checked on the chickens again and found my red rock X looking sick. Lazy not running away from me like she usually does, wasn't eating or drinking anything. I brought her inside and gave her a warm bath cleaning her back/underside. I took her out Dried her off and then tried to feed her some bread. She immediately started to peck at it but after a few pecks she stopped. I put her in our X-large dog crate with some strawberries (cut up), and some water. She pecked at the strawberries for a bit and then stopped, went to the back of the crate and crouched down. She's still in the same spot now. I saw on another sight if he has some sort of intestinal blockage to put some olive oil down we throat. I did with a syringe and she was a great patient.. She hasn't pooped at all. I'm not sure what else to do! :(

I just checked on her again and she seems to be breathing bigger than usual. Like her body is moving more to breath. I can't hear her breath though.

She's moving around more and she wasn't taking the medication as easily so that's a good sign LOL. She was pecking at the straw in the crate as well as the strawberries some more! :D

She pooped on me while trying to give her a bit more antibiotics. It was a very pasty yellow colour?

I guess the sickness wasn't fully out of her, she's coming back in the house. She has a very pasty butt and she's "relaxing" again :(

Back
Top Bottom