1 crazy roo, but how many hens? 10 week old chicks

Dori95

Hatching
7 Years
May 21, 2012
Wylie, Texas
We know we have one roo because he loves to crow (chick #5 the possibly polish?). But we are first time chicken owners and constantly argue about which ones (if any!) are actually going to give us eggs! So please help settle the debate :) They are 10 weeks old. We would also like to know breed. These were a hodgepodge and the kids just picked the cutest chicks when they were little so we have no idea what they may be.

Chick #1 - Fluffy

Chick #2 - Lizzy

Chick # 3 - Truly Scrumptious - pretty sure she is a girl. Definitely the sweetest of the bunch.

Chick #4 - Mary Poppins - would NOT hold still for a picture!

Chick #5 - Spike - he is hilarious and already crowing. Hoping the neighbors don't complain because I like this crazy chicken!

I got them from a neighbor who incubated several and let us have our pick.  They got them from a local farm so I really don't know what they could be.  If I really have 4 cockerels then I will be finding a better way to get some girls next time!  The kids are going to be devastated that we can't keep them all :(
You could keep them all, but would have to get a ton of new girls :(

Wait and keep the ones with the nicer temperament. With all those roosters, one or two may be people aggressive once puberty hits.

# 2 is a Easter Egger
# 3 is a Production Red (good egg layers - and this is a girl)
#5 Polish mix.

The other two I think are mixed. I am not sure though. Where did you get them?

I can't help you but spike is so crazy!! Love him!
love.gif

I got them from a neighbor who incubated several and let us have our pick. They got them from a local farm so I really don't know what they could be. If I really have 4 cockerels then I will be finding a better way to get some girls next time! The kids are going to be devastated that we can't keep them all :(

Back
Top Bottom